
It was a beautiful night, though a little darker than I would have expected for so joyful of an occasion. I love advent, it's my favourite times of the year, but I came out of there feeling less happy than I would have liked. It was a candlelight service, which was so pretty, but the music was really dark and sombre, which just kind of killed the Christmas high I was on. Oh well, the season will come despite the fact, and I promptly put on more joyous Christmas music when I was on the tube back home.
I am so glad I went and got to see the inside, as a ticket to tour the cathedral costs about 8 pound 50, which I didn't want to pay.
This is looking up into the dome of the cathedral. Pretty incredible, huh? I do not even want to think about how long this must have taken, or how hard it would be to paint on a curve like that! (I didn't take this one, I found it online. it was too dark to take a decent one last night. I barely took the one above before a porter rushed over and told me no photography)I am so glad I went and got to see the inside, as a ticket to tour the cathedral costs about 8 pound 50, which I didn't want to pay.
Thursday is the lighting of the massive Norwegian fir in Trafalgar Square, it should be really cool. Here is a picture I found from last year's tree:

The lights have been on in the streets for about a week now, it makes London so pretty at night! Hope you all are enjoying your Christmas preparations. Happy December to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment