If you haven't been to or at least seen pictures of the cathedral, you are missing out. St. Paul's is massively impressive. Not only is it HUGE, its also amazingly beautiful. So proud are the Londoners of it, that for a long time there was a height restriction rule for other buildings so they wouldn't block the dome of the cathedral. It is no longer in effect, but luckily there are still some really impressive sight lines. It helps that it is so massive. They also have really pretty gardens that are fun to wander around.
It was a sunny morning-unusual for London at this time of the year-but [unsurprisingly] bitterly cold. I did my work bit, taking lots of pictures and figuring out my stops, and then got a nice cup of hot coffee (gingerbread latte- one more reason to love the holidays!) and headed out to the Wibbly-wobbly (otherwise known by the less amusing title, Millennium Bridge).
There were two reasons for this- one work related (one of the best view of St. Paul's is from the bridge-see above) and the second purely self-indulgent. On a nice (ie not rainy) day, the middle of that bridge is probably one of my favourite places in London. It has amazing views and is pedestrians only, so there are no cars to mar your way as you take in the sights.
I still had about an hour before I needed to be at school, and while I could have (and maybe should have) done something productive with my time, I chose to stand on the bridge, sun on my face, coffee in hand, music in my ears and just take it all in. I only have two weeks left here, when would I get another chance? It was one of the best mornings I've had in weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment