
all you have to say is that you went to Oxford and people will fall all over themselves to give you a job. Or so I've been told by Kate. I am inclined to believe her.
Anyways, today Matthew, Megan, Cara, Kate and I took the bus up and spent the afternoon wandering around Oxford.
They have amazing street people in this city; like this dude ^. Yup, he is on a rope. Man, I wish I could be that cool. But I would totally fall off and break my head open, I just know it.Our first stop was to tour Christ Church College (home of Lewis Carrol and where they film the secnes in Hogwarts' Great Hall) which was really pretty and awesome and makes UPS look like crap (but i still love it). The bits we saw were mostly student housing, oh my goodness. I would kill to live somewhere that beautiful.

We took a really pretty walk around the cathedral grounds too before it opened- cold, but lovely. We always seem to luck out with weather when we go on trips. It was so sunny today!
We met two feathered friends, who we called Frank and Lola. They were great fun.After our lovely walk, we went back to the main campus and saw the cathedral and the bits that were in Harry Potter. It was full of tourists, of course, but on week days, students actually eat in this hall. How cool would that be?

After touring Christ Church, we wandered the city a bit and took in this really cool covered market. They had the most amazing cake shop. And real ice-cream milkshakes (which are freakishly hard to find in the UK)!
We tried to visit Oxford castle, but you had to pay to get in, so we said f-that and just took some pictures outside of it.

Also visited the Sheldonian Theatre- first building by Christopher Wren. There was some really pretty music coming from inside, but it was 5 pounds, so we decided to skip that and eat dinner instead. We went to a pub called The Crown where the food was cheap, but delicious. After our actual food (I had a chicken burger, it was pretty good), we got dessert and it was amazing. I had sticky toffee pudding- oh my goodness, so delicious. But Megan hit the dessert jackpot- she had two Belgan waffles, with icecream sandwitched in the middle and chocolate poured over the top. It was heaven.


1 comment:
so let me get this straight - as soon as I leave London, you get sunny weather AND milkshakes??
not fair, not fair, not fair.
so cool that you saw the harry potter dining hall. also not fair. but awesome.
Post a Comment