16 January, 2010

School starts again in a few days

My last semester.

or, at least my last at UPS. Not gonna let myself get all nostalgic quite yet, but I really can't believe how fast the last three and half years have gone by.

I'm excited for things to get going again. It will be nice to have people on campus again and be able to call someone up when I am lonely and bored and not rely solely on my laptop for companionship. I am taking three classes for credit, as well as auditing the 310 fight lab and STF (my thesis) of course. So in total that makes five classes, work and once we get going, rehearsals. Woohoo, welcome to real life once again. No more sleep for Alyson! Nah, I like it better that way. I get so lazy when I sleep in. I have not done anything productive for weeks now, its time to get back to normal.

On top of all this, I have fully completed my graduate school applications for The Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago and the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa. Now, I wait. I have a better chance of getting into UA, though DePaul is perfect. So perfect in fact, that they only accept two people each year. And I'm good, but damn. So Tuscaloosa it is. Guess I better learn how to like football, apparently its like air to them down there. So much for never being dragged to another game against my will ever again.

In the meantime, to take my mind off of admissions committees scrutinizing my applications and resumes, I am in full research mode for Terra Nova, the show I am working on for STF.
Soon I will be a walking encyclopedia for all things Robert Scott and the South Pole. Penguins, seals, sled dogs, ice floes and burgs included. Ship and Royal Navy procedures as well. Oy.
I am excited for this thing to stop being research and start being a show though. I can't wait for auditions and then rehearsal. I need to be involved in something again, I'm going a little stir crazy.

I still think of London often. My friend Katrina is there now and I am devouring her blogs and photos like crazy. It just stirs up in me the renewed desire that I have to return. Take the West End by storm perhaps. Wouldn't that be something.
sigh.

time for bed

No comments: