12 January, 2009

Change is inevitable, right?

So I have been back in the States for exactly two weeks today.
And the entire time I've had it shoved down my throat how hard it is going to be to come back. How different things are/are going to be. How much I and other people have changed.

At the moment I feel like I am in some sort of strange limbo--nothing really has changed at home. So all of those warnings just seem stupid and like they don't apply to me.
But in three days (!!!) I return to Tacoma and pick back up on my real life. And I know things have changed there. I know people have changed. I know I have changed. But since it's not staring me in the face at the moment, I don't want to acknowledge it.

To be honest, I am terrified to return to school. I left UPS with firm sense of identity there. I knew where I belonged, who my friends were and what I did. And while in London, the first few weeks all I could think about was getting back to that life that I knew and felt so comfortable in. But slowly, London became my life. And now going back to UPS is scaring the shite outa me and all I can think of is returning to London and what became my life there. I saw the same 14 girls (plus matthew) everyday and its weird to be on my own again. Not to mention no longer sharing a room with Meg.

I guess I just don't know wethere I am scared about not fitting back into my life, or too easily slipping back in. Things did change while I was abroad. And I really like the majority of those changes, especially the ones in myself. I don't want to lose that by going back to who I was, as comfortable as that might have been.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, huh? 3 days and counting....

No comments: